Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Replacing columns in a Matrix...

I have a matrix with 12 months representing 12 months of the first fiscal year. I want to swap out those twelve columns with the 2nd fiscal year of a biennium. Is that possible?

so

FM01 FM02 FM03 FM04 ...

0.0        2.0       120.0   24.5     ...

swap this in

FM13 FM14 FM15 ...

2.0        12.3    11.7

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for that, but we cannot understand your data model clearly, Could you please provide a mockup sample  based on fake data or describe the fields of each tables and the relations between tables simply? What is the column you used in the matrix field? Does the FM01 is the column header of matrix visual?  Please upload your files to OneDrive For Business and share the link here if it don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data.

Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I provided that already. It is a really simple model. One matrix table with a couple of columns with data and then swap columns. Basically dynamic columns.

Even more simplier. You have a matrix table with one column say called A then say select a slicer value and column A dissapears to be replaced with Column B.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example. Can you share sample data and sample output.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Sample data would be greatly appreciated.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.