Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan_W Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Replace two columns

So, I have two columns of the same values but with different sources. Let's call it "Revenue A" and "Revenue B". All throughout my report, Revenue A is used, but now we've found an issue with the data, and want to start using Revenue B. Any calculated columns or measures that use Revenue A can be easily switched, but visuals that use it are going to be a long and annoying process to update. Is there any way to switch the names of the columns, call Revenue B "Revenue A", and have Power BI continue to use what is now "Revenue A", so all the visuals are fixed in a few steps, instead of dozens?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Replace two columns

Hi @Nathan_W,


It seem that the Column Revenue A and Revenue B are from different tables and you want to replace Revenue A to Revenue B in the visuals?


Though you could change the name of Revenue B to "Revenue A", I'm afraid that makes no sense for visuals as the filed in the visual is from the original Revenue A.


If it is convenient, could you share some data sample which could refroduce the scenario and your desired output so that I can understand your situation better and have a test.


Best Regards,


Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Nathan_W Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Replace two columns



No, the two revenue columns are in the same table. I've uploaded a sample PBIX here:


The desired output allows me to switch all of the visuals that use Revenue Source A with Revenue Source B, without having to manually update each visual. As if I'd renamed the two columns to have the opposite name, and Power BI allowed the visuals to pull from the column with the same name, instead of seeing that I updated the names and continuing to use the same column with its new name.


Obviously I can just change which column is in the visual, but since the actual file has hundreds of visuals, I'm trying to find a more efficient way.