Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Replace or update source file of a dashboard

Dear community,

I have the current problem:

In the company i'm working, there were multiple versions of the same report published on Power BI online and some final users made dashboards with their favorite analysis based on those multiple versions.

We decided to clean up and keep only one file, up-to-date.

The problem is that final user's dashboards are now broken since the original file is not there anymore.

Is there a way to change the source file of a dashboard? I haven't found. Do I need to re-do all dashboards manually?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous ,

There is a similar idea about this issue, please vote it up.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JorgeMolano
Frequent Visitor

I found this solution and work perfectly for me,

1. Select Data under the left pane between Dashboard and Model
  2. Select Edith Query
  3. You will see the error message on the top then, click Go to error and Edith Configuration
  4. A pop up will display where you can change the source of the file

I hope this solve your problem.

Best!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous ,

If you mean that the dataset of the releated dashboards in Power BI Service are deleted, you would need to re-create the dashboards after re-publishing PBIX file to Power BI Service.

In your scenario, why not sharing the working dashboards to users in Power BI Service?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks for the support.

It is too late to share the working dashboards because all the PBIX source files that were duplicated were removed. IT/finance policy to reduce redundant files.

There should be a function within PBI online to change source files of Dashboards. 

@Anonymous ,

There is a similar idea about this issue, please vote it up.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'll maker as a solution and vote for this function. Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.