Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Replace information in a column by summarized information of the same column grouped by ID

Hi, evebody

I am struggling in trying to replace values in the column MACHINE for the mode of MACHINE considering the table grouped by ID. The column machine may have wrong values pointed, thats why I want to extract the mode a replace. 

This is the example of before, as you can see ID 1444 has apointments of MACHINE 4 (mainly) and 1 (probably wrong appointment):

1.png

I need this result, replace values in MACHINE for the mode of each ID:

2.png

I filtered the column ID just to examplify the issue, but of course it has many other IDs on it.

I did not find nothing related to the operation I need in the community, could you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finale could do it. Grouped the original table by ID creating a new table, after that I merged to a new table, this way cyclic reference error did not appear.

I'm gonna let this answer here in case.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finale could do it. Grouped the original table by ID creating a new table, after that I merged to a new table, this way cyclic reference error did not appear.

I'm gonna let this answer here in case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate your help, let me know if I did not make a good explanation

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.