Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Boycie92
Resolver I
Resolver I

Replace Values

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help.

I know with power query you can mass replaces values. I was wondering if it was possible to do this for individual values?

For instance, I have 20 rows that and each have the letter A within a column. I would like to individually be able to alter them.

So that I can do something similar to this:

Row 1 A = A1

Row 2 A= A2

Row 3 A= A3

Thanks,

Boycie92

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Boycie92,

In Query Editor mode, please use the "Split Column" option twice. First time, split out A, second time, get a separate column listing row number.

1.PNG

Then, combine these two columns.

=[Column2]&Text.From([Column3])

3.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Boycie92,

Have you achieved your desired result? If yes, would you please accept the helpful reply as an answer or share your solution?

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Your solution would work but within my column I have other values that I need to use. (A) Is just an example.

So if I was to create another column I would need to somehow tell it if you see A show me A1 or A2 etc. However if the other values in the original column are not A the show me blank

Now I could use a custom column to do this, the problem I have is telling it to split the A values?

Thanks for the help,

Boycie92

Hi @Boycie92,

Could you try this:

=if [Column2]="A" then [Column2]&Text.From([Column3]) else null

Please pay attention the case sensitive. For more advice, please share more sample data and show us your expected output.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

I am sorry when i said "However if the other values in the original column are not A the show me blank"

What I actually wanted was show me the original values within the original column if it’s not A. If it is A show me the values from the new column (A1, A2, etc)

Sorry again, I hope that makes much more sense!

Thanks,

Boycie92

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.