cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lulaz
Regular Visitor

Replace Values in a field with Values from a different Value from a separate connected sheet

Hi,

I have a Mastersheet sheet containing a column RULE_NAME. In a second sheet I have two columns only, a sort of translation guide, made up of RULE_NAME and RULE_Translation. I have linked the two RULE_NAME columns together via relationship manager.

I want in a barchart showing the count of any RULE_NAME occuring, but on the axis, show the RULE_Translation for the RULE_NAME instead of the original RULE_NAME Value.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Lulaz.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: Replace Values in a field with Values from a different Value from a separate connected sheet

@Lulaz

In this scenario, what's the relationship between Rule_Name and Rule_Translation?

If that's one-to-one relationship, you can directly display Rule_Transaltion once you build the relationship between two tables on Axis. However, it will always show "1" since each Rule_Name only appears one time.

Can you share some sample data?

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors