Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ana_cordeiro
Regular Visitor

Replace Number by text

Hello,

I'm replace the Numbers os one Month column by Text (replane 1 by January, 2 by February...).

When I try replace 10 by October, 11 by November and 12 by December, appear attachment error.

Snap 2019-07-16 at 15.33.25.png

Can help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ana_cordeiro ,

To create a custom column as below.

Date.MonthName(#datetime(2011, [monthno], 1, 5, 0, 0), "en-US")

mon.PNG

M code for your reference.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlSK1YlWMgKTxmDSBEyagkkzMGkOJi3ApCWYNDSAUBDdhkDtsQA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [monthno = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"monthno", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each Date.MonthName(#datetime(2011, [monthno], 1, 5, 0, 0), "en-US"))
in
    #"Added Custom"
Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

another option
Date.ToText(#date(2022, [MonthNumber], 1), "MMMM", " en-US")

Hi Ahmedx

Your suggested code works for me. Thank you so much!

And thanks for the very quick response too. 

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ana_cordeiro ,

To create a custom column as below.

Date.MonthName(#datetime(2011, [monthno], 1, 5, 0, 0), "en-US")

mon.PNG

M code for your reference.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlSK1YlWMgKTxmDSBEyagkkzMGkOJi3ApCWYNDSAUBDdhkDtsQA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [monthno = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"monthno", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each Date.MonthName(#datetime(2011, [monthno], 1, 5, 0, 0), "en-US"))
in
    #"Added Custom"
Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @ana_cordeiro ,

Its quite unknown which formula you are using to map month number with month name. I suggest you to use the SWITCH expression to accomplish your requirement.

MonthName = SWITCH('Month'[MonthNumber],1,"January",2,"Febuary",3,"March",4,"April",5,"May",6,"June",7,"July",8,"August",9,"September",10,"October",11,"November",12,"December","Invalid")
Month.PNG
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

STM4508_0-1671604654288.png

Hi, I copied in the string of code, but there is error in the code. Can someone help?

vinaypugalia
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello,

Could you please share some sample data & the expression you have written to get the required text?

This will give anyone who wants to help you to get more insight & guide you further.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.