Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mnimmer
Regular Visitor

Repeating x-axis values

I can't figure out why the values on the x-axis of my bullet chart repeat. I have set the min and max axis values at 0 and 5, respectively. Each tick mark should increment by 1 between 0 and 5, yet the axis includes two 1's, two 2's, two 3's, two 4's and two 5's. I am only able to make the duplicates disappear by making the width of the overall chart narrower (to about 75% of its current size). 

The values shown on the chart come from 3 separate tables, but the range of data in each of these tables is the same: 0 to 5.

What is going on?

screenshotscreenshot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am also using bullet chart version 2.1.4.0, but I figured out what was causing the duplicate numbers on the x-axis.

I did not want to display a decimal point on the x-axis values. When I changed the decimal places setting from "Auto" to "0", the value of each tic mark was rounded up to the nearest integer. Since the only way to chance the number of tic marks displayed is by resizing the chart, if I want the chart to fill the entire canvas with a range of 0 to 5, I am stuck with whatever number of tic marks the chart thinks is appropriate - in this case, a mark at every 0.5. It was how I had the x-axis values formatted that was throwing me off.

Thanks for thinking it through with me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mnimmer,

From your screenshot, it seems that you are using Bullet Chart by OKViz. The Bullet Chart works as expected when I drag fields from a single table. Could you please share sample data of your three tables so that I can reproduce?

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply. I've uploaded a trimmed down and anonymized .pbix file that demonstrates the issue. 

There has to be a simple fix that I am just overlooking. I appreciate your time! 

OneDrive link to demo .pbix file

@mnimmer,

I have no access to your link.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My apologies. I have reattempted with Google Drive this time. 

Example file

@mnimmer,

What version of bullet chart do you use? I import version 2.1.4 bulletChartByOKViz.pbiviz, and create the visual using your tables, everything works well.
1.PNG

Regards,

I am also using bullet chart version 2.1.4.0, but I figured out what was causing the duplicate numbers on the x-axis.

I did not want to display a decimal point on the x-axis values. When I changed the decimal places setting from "Auto" to "0", the value of each tic mark was rounded up to the nearest integer. Since the only way to chance the number of tic marks displayed is by resizing the chart, if I want the chart to fill the entire canvas with a range of 0 to 5, I am stuck with whatever number of tic marks the chart thinks is appropriate - in this case, a mark at every 0.5. It was how I had the x-axis values formatted that was throwing me off.

Thanks for thinking it through with me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.