Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tvaishnav
Helper IV
Helper IV

Repeat same visual based on slicer selection

I have a line chart that displays values for three fields (Field 1,Field 2,Field 3). A slicer is used with single select on. This is because line chart would aggregate the value for Field 1 ,Field 2 and Field 3. That will not make any sense. Visual makes sense when only one value of slicer is selected.

Is there a way I can allow a user to select multiple values in a slicer so that multiple visuals will be presented, each showing Field 1,Field 2 and Field 3 for each selection in slicer?

Please note that I am using SSAS connection. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tvaishnav ,

If you mean multi selection in slicer, you can ctrl+left click the values in slicer. If I misunderstood your goal, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

It is little complicated to create the expected output. I will try to explain once again.

I am looking for a way to create a seperate visualization for each selection in a slicer. For instance visualization show three values field 1, field 2 and field 3 for a slicer value  s1. Now the user wants to select multiple values (s2, s3,s4 etc) in the slicer so that they can have a seperate visual for each selection of slicer. So if slicer selection selects s1,s2,s3,s4 then user wants 4 visuals each showing field 1, field2 and field3. If they remove selection s4, they should see 3 visual each showing field 1,field2,field3. If user now selects slicer value s5 as well, they should see 5 visuals each showing field1,field2,field3.

Is it possible to do this in power bi?

Hi @tvaishnav ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as the solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.