Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChristaAlen
Frequent Visitor

Repeat image on every pages in paginated report

I am trying to put a background image for paginated report. Report consist of a matrix. I have tried many ways

1) I have put an image in the body near to the matrix. I have given RepeatWith 'matrix name' But when I expand the matrix, Image does not grows or repeat as no of pages increases. 

2) I have put as backround image in report.It actually works, grows along with expansion of matrix. But when I tried to export it to powerpoint, background image is not present in pptx file.

3) I have also designed the report by inserting rectangle and given RepeatWith 'matrix name' But it also does not does not grows or repeat as no of pages increases

#2 above worked for my use case, but it is not showing up when I export to PowerPoint. Is this not supported ?

To recap I want to have a design element on the left side of the paginated report that repeats as the page grows. Think of it like a left side only border, border with multiple color and design. Can someone provide a solution to this and which can be exported to powerpoint.

6 REPLIES 6
bondonian
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone found a solution to this?  I am also having the same issue where RepeatWith does not work

mycwidms
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am also having trouble with this issue except in my case I am trying to repeat a small table on evry page. I tried repeat with attribute but no luck. Any other ideas? Thanks

ChristaAlen
Frequent Visitor

Here is what I tried, below is the paginated report with a blue border as background image. This works as intended in the report and when exporting to PDF.

demo-page.PNG

But when I export it to PPT I get the below, see that the blue border is missing:

dummypptx.PNG

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ChristaAlen 

I think power bi support you to export report with image backgrounds. You can try to download the sample from this link and have a test. 

Sample: Sample Power BI paginated reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

In my test, export works well. I can see the image in pptx file.

1.png

Here are some blogs about paginated report in Power BI.

For reference: Paginated reports in the Power BI service

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the response. But, this is not what I'm looking for. The file you shared adds the image to the  header. But I want an image to be on the left side of the report like a border. I know about border property of report, but I cannot use it because my border contains 3 colours with rectangles.

I'm still struggling with it. Any help is appreciated.

Have you found a solution for this ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.