Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

C097986
Helper I
Helper I

Reorder columns on x-axis visuals

I have been trying to reorder the context of my charts on the x-axis. I use the sorting to different options but i still cannot get the exact result that i am looking for. any suggestion anyone on how to fix this.

first chart shows an order like this:

order from Q1 to Q4order from Q1 to Q4second chart shows an order from Q4 to Q1 but the bottom field is also reversed. I changed the sort from accending to decending and this is the result i get.

order from Q4 to Q1order from Q4 to Q1

What i am trying to look for is to get a result that shows an order from Q4 2017 to Q1 2018 with C&I first and Work & Asset last. So go in alphabetical order and chronological order as well (2017 first and 2018 last). Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I tried sort by function many diffferent ways but did not get the result. i just had to go change the data manually to put the year first and the quarter and it fixed it to what i was looking for. thank you anyhow.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bbrown44
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am having the same issue but with a different data format.  The x axis is a text variable where the default sort varible is Decending Percentage value... See below:

X AXIS ISSUE.JPG

I want to resort the x axis so that it will go as follows:  CL01, CL02, CL03,...

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

~Bryon

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Very tough to say without sample/example data. Can you post in a form that can be copy and pasted?

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

But, I will say, are you using any "Sort By" columns?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I tried sort by function many diffferent ways but did not get the result. i just had to go change the data manually to put the year first and the quarter and it fixed it to what i was looking for. thank you anyhow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.