Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ryan-gao
Helper III
Helper III

Rendering and memory-usage issues in desktop and power bi services

Hi Team:
    There are 2 problems annoys me so much,Please help:
    1.Rendering time between custom  and built-in visual,both in desktop and web service,my customers complained about waiting too long for the report rendering (many custom visuals).
    2.Memory-usage is too much for both desktop and web service. I can bear it since my computer has 16G memory(although when your edit time is long enough,very step in desktop became very solw),my customers who consume report online can not do,their computer are low-cost, display the report on the browser(Login , use chrome or edge) can cost up to 3-4 GB memory of their computer, this often made their entire system no response. the public url does not have this memory issue, it switches smoothly.

here are some screenshots
snipaste_20170905_160712.pngsnipaste_20170905_153527.png

I publish this report to Power BI Service, it is only 6M in my computer. there are two ways to share this report:

1. Public share: I monitor the task manager, this report page's memory-usage is about 1G. and everything runs fast and smoothly.

2. Log in : In this way, report renders a bit slowly at first, and after a few switches between report pages, things became worse,the memory usage of report page is up to 3-4GB,and everything became very very slow. I had nothing to do but to close and reopen it. 
9 REPLIES 9
ryan-gao
Helper III
Helper III

After November mid update,this issue came back. when using drillthrough filter to jump to another page again and again,the memory keeps growing.

Agree with ryan-gao on this.  This issue is makes drillthrough unusable because the memory use builds too fast.  I have no custom visuals anywhere and still this is major issue.  

Agreed, on opening a report I can see a half dozen Cefsharp subprocesses with the largest settling at ~300MB.

Upon copying and pasting a simple, built-in line object, one Cefsharp subprocess balloons to over 3GB.

It seems that I get the opportunity to do ONE THING before having to save and restart, otherwise I get the out of memory error.

PLEASE allow us to set the amount of RAM that the Cefsharp chromium renderer can expand to as even on the desktop application, I am unable to autor reports whist still having over 8GB RAM freely available.

embaud
Frequent Visitor

Suffering same issue. When using custom visuals (Any custom visual) on several pages, each time you switch from one page to another, CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe grows in memory and cpu usage until response time gets so slow that you need to restart.

A major issue as it makes any large report relying on custom visuals simply useless....

ryan-gao
Helper III
Helper III

Anyone see this? Please help 

@ryan-gao

What is that custom visual? If a 3rd party visual, you can contact the visual author, if a Microsoft custom visual, you can submit a support ticket.

Thanks for your reply, Eric , It is a 3rd party visual, I understand that the built-in visuals are a littile bit faster than other visuals, the crucial issue is the memory use, "Cefsharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe" eats up too much memory, the result is you have to reopen the report at last every time

Confirmed.  If you use ANY custom visuals on several pages of a report, each time you switch from one page to another the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe grows heavily on memory usage, up to a point where response time becomes unmanageable and you need to close and re-open. This is a severe issue

YES,  This is a memory leak issue caused by sandbox

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.