Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StevenB
Regular Visitor

Rendering a measure as HTML

I have created a PBI measure that dynamically generates a 'mailto:' link based on the selections and results on a given report page. However, I can't find a way to render the measure as html on a report page. My goal is to have a link that the user can click in the Power BI service that auto-populates an email.

Has anyone found a way of doing this? It doesn't look like the HTML Viewer visual in the AppSource supports measures. I can drop the measure on a card or any other single-valued visual and SEE the raw html <a> that I've generated. I just need it rendered.

Any suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @StevenB,

You can do it simply like this. No HTML tags are needed. Reference: power-bi-hyperlinks-in-tables.

Measure = "mailto:" & SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Column1])

Rendering-a-measure-as-HTML

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @StevenB,

You can do it simply like this. No HTML tags are needed. Reference: power-bi-hyperlinks-in-tables.

Measure = "mailto:" & SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Column1])

Rendering-a-measure-as-HTML

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for this. I understand how to make a hyperlink work in a table, and have used it successfully elsewhere.

What I am trying to solve is when you have a single PowerBI Measure that you want to display as a hyperlink. Given the lack of documentation, I'm guessing no-one has tried to use PBI in this way.

Ok...it looks like tables / matrices are the only visuals that support hyperlinks. I've updated the measure to function in a table context, and it's now working. It'd be nice if Card / MultiRow Card also supported hyperlinks. Sometimes you just want a single hyperlink (vs. one per row).

Hi Steven

Not sure if a custom visual is a valid option for you but with the HTML Text Styler visual, you should be able to do this. You can get the visual from AppSource: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/wa200002071?tab=overview

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.