Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jasonyeung87
Helper V
Helper V

Rendering HTML in Power BI table visualization

Hi,

I have a simple Power BI report that contains a table visualization. One of the fields contain data with HTML tags. When the table visualization displays this field, it displays the HTML tag itself instead of rendering it to display formatted text. It currently looks like:

display chatter html.JPG

I want the text to be formatted based on the html tags (e.g. instead of <b></b>, I want the text between the tags to be bold). I was wondering is there a way to make the table display the formatting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
4 REPLIES 4
blodus
Advocate II
Advocate II

I can't believe that Power BI is so lame that there is nothing to display HTML. We can't use some half-assed, user-made, unsuppoerted objects to make up for microsoft's incompetance. Even this lame forum message editor I'm typing in now is better at HTML that PBI is - it creates and displays HTML on the fly while PBI can't even display it.

The more I use Power BI, the more stupid problems like this I find. We seem to be downgrading when moving from SSRS to PBI. 😞 

I second this sentiment. I'm finding that PBI won't do half of what I want -- not very developer or automation friendly. Unfortunately, my organization has gone all in for Microsoft products, which are way overpriced for what you get. And the "SME support" we bought with our licenses has been no help. Microsoft really knows how to screw the government.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I used the HTML content add-on. It seems to work OK, I had to change the UI a bit and also strip out the HTML tags in the content if I wanted to display the data in the default table without HTML tags, though this would remove the html formating.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.