Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pmcleanasteria

Rename table name in Relationships Model when Table name already exists causes error loop

Renaming of table name in Relationships Model when Table name already exists causes "Rename table" Dialogue error loop that can't escape from, ie. when click Close buttonon on "Rename table Dialogue, can't then edit Table name and when click in Table Name error panel just keeps continueing to appear. Have to end Power BI Desktop Process in Task Manager and restart Power BI Desktop to fix.

Power BI Rename Table Error Panel Loop.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Angelia.

As part of my normal practice I updated my version of Power BI Desktop yesterday.

This morning I tested the rename of a table in the Relationship Model to a name that already existed.

It appears now that the problem has been fixed.

When you close the dialogue that indicates that the table name already exits, the panel closes cleanly and the text box that you were renaming the table in, is no longer in edit mode, i.e. you can then try to rename to table to a table name that does not exits.

I thank you for your assistance.

Cheers.

Pete 

😉

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pmcleanasteria,

After test, I can not reproduce your issue, please create a ticket to get more support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

It may be a problem specific to the model that I am building using the Power BI Desktop. If I try to rename a table in the relationships model, and the table name already exists in the model, then the problem always occurs.  A dialogue window (included in original post) is presented which indicates that the table name already exists, I then try to edit the name in the rename text box, but the text box does not allow me to enter a different name. If I try to exit the dialogue window by clicking the close X button or the cancel button, nothing happens, i.e. the dialogue window just keeps reappearing, like it is in a continuous locked in loop. I guess other that provide you with my Power Bi Desktop pbix file and source data, I cannot add any more information, Thank you for responding to my previous post. 🙂

Hi @pmcleanasteria,

I am glad if I can give you any assistance. Please update your Power BI version to the latest one, and check if the issue disappears.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia.

As part of my normal practice I updated my version of Power BI Desktop yesterday.

This morning I tested the rename of a table in the Relationship Model to a name that already existed.

It appears now that the problem has been fixed.

When you close the dialogue that indicates that the table name already exits, the panel closes cleanly and the text box that you were renaming the table in, is no longer in edit mode, i.e. you can then try to rename to table to a table name that does not exits.

I thank you for your assistance.

Cheers.

Pete 

😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.