Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DanCasSan
Helper V
Helper V

Rename a measure

Hello community.

Is it possible to change the name of a measure automatically?

For example, I have a measure that evaluates quantities for the current day, and I want the name of that measure to be the name of the day I am on it. In this case, the day I am posting this query is Thursday, so the measure should be named "Thursday."

In advance, I appreciate your support.

Regards,

Daniel Castillo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanCasSan ,

Currently you can only rename the measure manually in power bi, the name of measure is a static property not dynamic, I'm afraid it could not be changed automatically.

Please refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-tutorial-create-measures

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanCasSan ,

Currently you can only rename the measure manually in power bi, the name of measure is a static property not dynamic, I'm afraid it could not be changed automatically.

Please refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-tutorial-create-measures

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure you can't change a measure name like that.  But you can certainly use a measure that posts today's date 

TodayDate = today()

then put that in your report somewhere, for example a KPI card.

@Anonymous, thanks for your prompt response.

The issue is that I will use it not only as a column heading in an array, but it will also go in a line chart, therefore I need it to be automatic.

Regards,

Daniel Castillo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you able to maybe put one visual on top of the other?  So the one visual could have the title, and be above the other one?  You could probably adjust the background transparency of the top visual to make it pretty hard to notice

Anonymous
Not applicable

Something like this?

image.png

Thanks for your prompt response.

So I have my graph, as you will see there are different days and these go in descending form from the current day to the fourth day, in this case, from today Friday to Tuesday.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Daniel Castillo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if it was really important you could have several measures.  Today() -1 , today()-2  etc

Not ideal for sure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.