Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lukecollins
Regular Visitor

Removing rows in Power Bi

I have a very large table in Power BI and one of the columns is labelled time spent. I would like any row where this value is less than one to be deleted/remove. Please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lukecollins

Try using the time spent as a filter for the page. Drag it to page level filter, swith to advanced filtering, select "is greater than", and choose your amount.

Can also be used as a visual level filter.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lukecollins,

In addition, you can also use Query Parameter to filter values dynamically. You can create a new query parameter, and specify a list of values. Then set Filter Rows condition as "less than the parameter". When you run the report, you can check different parameter values, to filter data less than different values. See:

a1.PNGa3.PNGa2.PNG

Reference:

Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates

If you have any quetsion, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if I want to delete rows in order to manage the size of my data set?  Will filtering accomplish that?

I would also like to know the same.

Is there any ease way to filter on cloumn and delete rows in PowerBI?

If you want to manage the size of the actual data set, you need to do your filtering in the query editor. This means it will be filtered before loading, so nothing that you have filtered out will be available to use anywhere. If you want all the data to be available in the dataset but not shown in a particular report or visual, you can add filters at the report or filter level through the filter panel on the right side of the report editor.

Could you let me know , how to do the filtering in the query editor for any particular rows.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lukecollins

Try using the time spent as a filter for the page. Drag it to page level filter, swith to advanced filtering, select "is greater than", and choose your amount.

Can also be used as a visual level filter.

Or you can filter in the query to completely remove those rows from the dataset. Filters in the query editor work pretty much the same way as table filtering in Excel.

Who would know that 5 years later a newbie would find this and utter "you beautiful human being"!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.