Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing rows in Power BI

I have a report where two columns represent the time when two different actions started.

I would like to remove the rows of the report that have the same values in these two columns.

The values are depicted in "date, time" format.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Power BI has such a function. In Query Editor, select these two columns with "CTRL". Click "Remove Duplicates".Removing rows in Power BI.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received an answer in the similar question that I accidentally created. 

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Removing-rows-in-Power-Bi/m-p/243616/highlight/false#M108081

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

Thank you for your answer.

My task is a little bit different. Using your first slide, I would have to get rid of 1st and 5th rows as the values in both of the columns are the same ('A' and 'a'). And I would have to keep all the rest rows including 4th and 7st as the values are different (say, 'B' and 'p' in the 2nd row).

Any ideas on that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors