Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jleibowitz
Regular Visitor

Removing rows based on a set of conditions

I am trying to remove rows of data that show duplicate information. However, the rows I would like to remove would need to be based on a set of conditions. For example, I have a set of customer data and would like for duplicates to be removed if the customer full name AND the customer address are both the same. I know you can remove rows in query editor but from the looks of it you can only remove duplicates based on a single column and that would not work. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hasan
Resolver I
Resolver I

You can select the multible colums in Query Editor mode and remove the dblicates also

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jleibowitz
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the the help. All solutions worked and are used in different scenarios.

Hasan
Resolver I
Resolver I

You can select the multible colums in Query Editor mode and remove the dblicates also

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Create a new column that concatenates your two columns, use that to remove duplicates.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

This doesn't work for me as what I have to concatenate is a date (24/07/2017) a number (1234) and a town (London) 

It works in dax but doesn't in power query

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@jleibowitz you can highlight the columns you want to remove duplicates, right click and boom  remove duplicates in M (power query)

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.