Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Aradhana
Helper I
Helper I

Removing gap between bars in clustered column chart

Hi All,

I need to remove the gap between bars in clustered column chart. If you consider the chart below, There is a gap after first blue bar under oring category. I don't want to show this gap in the chart. Bar should be clubbed together and show 3 bars together for oring category.

Aradhana_1-1651596586447.png

Is this possible.

Thanks,

Aradhana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aradhana ,

This is by design. The problem you are running into is that if it "skips" it without leaving the space, then the user will not know there are no duplicate counts, for example.  You might reorder the list so that the ones that don't show up often are nearer the end, but the space tells the reader of the graph that there is a column missing there.  

May be you can try to use Stacked column chart. Or create an idea here 

vpollymsft_0-1651825128246.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aradhana ,

This is by design. The problem you are running into is that if it "skips" it without leaving the space, then the user will not know there are no duplicate counts, for example.  You might reorder the list so that the ones that don't show up often are nearer the end, but the space tells the reader of the graph that there is a column missing there.  

May be you can try to use Stacked column chart. Or create an idea here 

vpollymsft_0-1651825128246.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Aradhana , In place of legend, use both columns on axis, Sort on the axis column, Switch off -> Concatenate label and try

Concatenate Label off : https://youtu.be/QgI0vIGIOOk

@amitchandak

But I can't add the legend column in X axis as I have time hieararchy in x axis. Requirement is like I need to show the fault code for each hierarchy level.

Aradhana_0-1651657722369.png

Thanks,

Aradhana

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.