Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rogerh
Helper II
Helper II

Removing columns based on a custom column

Hello Power BI Community,

I have two tables that I have taken from Zendesk. Tickets and Ticket Metrics. We have two Brands on Zendesk for two companies. The Tickets table includes the Brand ID. The Ticket Metrics do not. Using Power query I have filtered out the brand ID i do not want from the Ticket table. I then created a custom column on the Ticket Metrics table to look up the brand ID and report it back. This leaves me with rows of data that have a Brand ID of null. I want to filter these out so they are not in the table of data however when I go to Power Query the column is not there. I am assuming this is because it's a custom column so doesn't show in Power Query.

Is there any way of filtering out all of the rows without a Brand ID out of the data table other than Power Query? At the moment all of my measure have to have a line filtering out all of the tickets metrics without a brand ID but I am hoping there is a better way.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Rogerh , Not very clear but you can have filter at visual or page level brand id blank or not blank

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Rogerh , Not very clear but you can have filter at visual or page level brand id blank or not blank

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.