Frequent Visitor

Removing Values from Slicers

Is there a way to hide the blank values but not filter out the data? 

For example:

I have a column with binary values "Yes" or "No" but I want the slicer to just have the "yes" option showing. I do not want to filter out the NO data though. So the slicer would be selecting either ALL DATA or Data with YES in that column. I can elaborate if needed! Please help Smiley Sad 

This thread below teaches how to filter out blank values but I want to keep the data so it does not apply to my situation. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/how-to-remove-the-null-blank-from-a-slicer/m-p/370925#M1681...

Re: Removing Values from Slicers

@dillonfarrar,

of course. There is a way to do this.

1. Create another slicer with the same field
  2. Select values which you want to display. In your case, select yes
  3. Hide the slicer: Option available in Selection Pane

Let me if you need any other helpSmiley Happy 

Community Support Team

@dillonfarrar,

Drag field from table below and add a measure to filter the data.

Table =
ROW ( "Flag", "Yes" )
Regards,
Sam
Frequent Visitor

Hey SivaMani,

This filters out data that I need in my report though. All I want is a way to filter out slicer options without actually removing the data. 

Just want to be able to hide a value in a slicer without actually filtering out the data. The Slicer currently shows "Yes" & "No" as selection options, I want it the slicer to just show "YES" because no one will ever be selecting "NO".

Can anyone advise?

Frequent Visitor

This filters out data that I need in my report though. All I want is a way to filter out slicer options without actually removing the data. 

Just want to be able to hide a value in a slicer without actually filtering out the data. The Slicer currently shows "Yes" & "No" as selection options, I want it the slicer to just show "YES" because no one will ever be selecting "NO".

Can anyone advise?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have been describing this issue poorly, I really only need a visual level filter for a slicer... which does not seem to be possible.