cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcobrien77 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Removing Report Filters does not update dashboard

Hi,

I have Power BI Desktop installed through the April 2018 update.  I have a report that divides 50K rows of data into two main categories (roughly of equal size).  I presented the the findings with a report level filter on the first half and the stakeholders were really pleased with the results.  When I tried to uncheck the first group and replace it with the second group on the report level filter, I get blank results for all tables/graphs. 

When I try to remove all filters and start over, I still can only get results from the first group.   When I go to the data, I still have 50K rows.

I really don't want to reinvent the wheel and create 15 pages of tables/charts.  Can anyone help?

I also tried to open it in the web version and reset to default and that does not help.

Thanks  Brendan

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Removing Report Filters does not update dashboard

Hi @bcobrien77,

When I tried to uncheck the first group and replace it with the second group on the report level filter, I get blank results for all tables/graphs.  

Please click the refresh button to refresh the report page to see if it works.

I could not reproduce this problem on my side. Please test whether it occurs to a different dataset in your scenario. Besides, please try to copy this .pbix file and open it on a different machine.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
csaulnier New Member

Re: Removing Report Filters does not update dashboard

I have experienced the exact same issue, and all I have tried (refresh data, clear report cache, remove filter) has failed to change the filter value. Here is a snapshot of the current report filter:

Original Report_LI.jpgOriginal Report

The top left text is dynamic through SELECTEDVALUE(Sector). Now look once I clear and remove the filter altogether, then refresh data and clear cache:

Filter removed.PNGAfter removing report filter, clearing cache and refreshing

The dynamic title still Shows Office, even though I no longer use this filter...

I am using the November 2018 version of PBI Desktop.

Regards, Charles

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 368 members 3,692 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: