Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bcobrien77
Helper I
Helper I

Removing Report Filters does not update dashboard

Hi,

I have Power BI Desktop installed through the April 2018 update.  I have a report that divides 50K rows of data into two main categories (roughly of equal size).  I presented the the findings with a report level filter on the first half and the stakeholders were really pleased with the results.  When I tried to uncheck the first group and replace it with the second group on the report level filter, I get blank results for all tables/graphs. 

When I try to remove all filters and start over, I still can only get results from the first group.   When I go to the data, I still have 50K rows.

I really don't want to reinvent the wheel and create 15 pages of tables/charts.  Can anyone help?

I also tried to open it in the web version and reset to default and that does not help.

Thanks  Brendan

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bcobrien77,

When I tried to uncheck the first group and replace it with the second group on the report level filter, I get blank results for all tables/graphs.  

Please click the refresh button to refresh the report page to see if it works.

I could not reproduce this problem on my side. Please test whether it occurs to a different dataset in your scenario. Besides, please try to copy this .pbix file and open it on a different machine.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have experienced the exact same issue, and all I have tried (refresh data, clear report cache, remove filter) has failed to change the filter value. Here is a snapshot of the current report filter:

Original ReportOriginal Report

The top left text is dynamic through SELECTEDVALUE(Sector). Now look once I clear and remove the filter altogether, then refresh data and clear cache:

After removing report filter, clearing cache and refreshingAfter removing report filter, clearing cache and refreshing

The dynamic title still Shows Office, even though I no longer use this filter...

I am using the November 2018 version of PBI Desktop.

Regards, Charles

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.