Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lasthero
Frequent Visitor

Removing Page level filter for just 1 visualization

Is there anyway to remove the page level filter for just 1 visualization?

For example I have a card visualization that displays the count for November of data i am working with.  The whole page has a page level filter where date >= 11/01/2016 and is < 12/01/2016

If i want another card visualization to display the count for October data, how can i do this ?  I basically don't want the page level filter to apply to just this one visualizations..

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lasthero,

You can try measurements on these visuals that cancel the filtering done by page or report-level filters, like so:

ID_all = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK(Table[ID]),ALL(page_filter),ALL(report_filter))

So all the other visuals can use the Table[ID] column, for those that you want to remove filtering, you can use ID_all.

Please mark as solved if you find it useful.

Best,

Leo

Thanks, this code works! 🙂 🙂

ID_all = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK(Table[ID]),ALL(page_filter),ALL(report_filter))

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

To give you more insights on this, Page level filters are like slicers and you can also edit the interactions between slicers, you can do so by using edit interactions option. 

This will allow you to customize your report as you would like.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Hi Bhavesh, 

Thanks for the reply, i understand normally how to edit interactions with the slicer or any other visualizations, however I can't seem to find how do i edit an interaction with a page level filter?

Thanks

Scott

Hi @lasthero,

Page level filter means it filters every visual on the page, and it is not allowed to edit the interaction. To work around your issue, you can add visual level filter or use sclicer to filter the specific visual depend on your need.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jondeck24
Helper I
Helper I

Don't think this is possible as you are applying a page level filter which applies to the whole page.  You could add in a regular date filter and then when its selected go to format/edit interactions and specify which visuals you want that filter to interact with.

th3h0bb5
Resolver II
Resolver II

Move the visualization to a different page. Page Level filters, by definition, filter everything on the page. Add in another page and put your new visuals there. If you need to see them side-by-side later, you can create a Dashboard view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.