Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Matching Rows

I have two tables - One contains the master data and other contains a subset of that data that shouldn't be there. I cannot easily filter out the data from the master table because it's based on a number of criteria that are not captured in the data. I would like to do opposite of Append. I want to perform a join based on matching values in a column and remove all rows in the master table that are in the second table. 

so basically if I have table A and Table B, if [columnA.tableA]=[columnA.tableB] then subtract that row. 

I did Left Anti merge but that merges the two tables and not subtract it. I don't want to add columns.  

How do I do this?

Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.. Left -anti worked. I basically merged the two horizontally and then deleted all the extra columns there were created after the merge to get back original columns. Left-anti only gave me the rows that had matching rows based on the column I selected. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @Anonymous

I think you are on the right track by merging the two tables horizontally.  I think the next step is to filter out any rows from the merged table where its columns in the merged side are NULL (as in they found no match).  This should filter out rows that did match and leave you with the exceptions.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.. Left -anti worked. I basically merged the two horizontally and then deleted all the extra columns there were created after the merge to get back original columns. Left-anti only gave me the rows that had matching rows based on the column I selected. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.