Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

catherinewhite
Frequent Visitor

Removing Aggregate Label from Tooltip

I am creating visuals where my main data table is referencing several lookup tables. For example, here is a portion of my main data table with values under reportingCategory. There is a Many to One relationship between this main table...

catherinewhite_0-1613151852914.png

...and the lookup table:

catherinewhite_3-1613152216008.png

I want to display the Student Group value from the lookup table in my tooltips. So for my column chart, for example, each column is displaying data from one row of my main data table.

Yet the tooltip looks like this:

catherinewhite_2-1613152132092.png

The "First" should not be there in my mind, because only one value is being returned. When I select Count to confirm this, here is what I get:

catherinewhite_4-1613152307306.png

Here is the relationship between the two tables:

catherinewhite_5-1613152356852.png

The "First" is going to confuse my users. Why is it there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

firstly 🙂  if you change your bar chart to a matrix, does it give you more than one first?

you can also double click on the label where it says first and rename it.  Its just a standard really because its categorical data and you are aggregating your data, regardless of whether there is 1 or more.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

firstly 🙂  if you change your bar chart to a matrix, does it give you more than one first?

you can also double click on the label where it says first and rename it.  Its just a standard really because its categorical data and you are aggregating your data, regardless of whether there is 1 or more.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD CLICK AND EDIT THIS!! Thank you 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.