Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing 0 values in matrix

Hi everyone,

So I have this matrix/table in BI

CompanyINOUT
Tesla$100.00$0.00
Microsoft $0.00
Square$100.00$100.00

I want to remove the lines that have both blank and zero

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to remove that row only. If I use the filter in any of the 2 columns it filters out the whole line which is not what I want.

Instead of trying to filter, I changed the calculated columns to show blanks instead of zero and that solved the problem 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Anonymous - In the matrix, can you clarify whether you would like the Microsoft row still to be shown as an empty row despite it having blank and zero values? 

If you would like the blank/0 Microsoft row to remain,  you could conditionally format the IN and OUT values to have the same colour of font as the background when the value equals 0.

This would mean that the zero value would be in the grid (and the row would remain) but the user wouldn't see the value so it would look 'empty' to them.

Cheers,

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to remove that row only. If I use the filter in any of the 2 columns it filters out the whole line which is not what I want.

Instead of trying to filter, I changed the calculated columns to show blanks instead of zero and that solved the problem 

@Anonymous Am glad you found a solution

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use a Visual level filter on your matrix visual to achieve this.

For example if you want to remove any rows from matrix where values for OUT is 0. Then just apply a visual level filter for OUT on this visual.

Thanks,

Pragati

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.