Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JimmyDQN
Helper I
Helper I

Remove values from totals

Hi. I am trying to create a measure to exclude all values less than 5. 

Would this be possible?

I tried to make this measure: Measure= if(COUNT('Antal'[Registrerings Dato])<5;"<5";format(count('Antal'[Registrerings Dato]);"")).

This made all values less than 5 be "<5" but it does not change the totals.

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JimmyDQN,

What's the expected result?

1. If you want to exclude these items that have value "<5", you can try a measure like this:

Measure =
SUMX (
    'Antal';
    IF ( 'Antal'[Registrerings Dato] < 5; 0; 'Antal'[Registrerings Dato] )
        < 5
)

2. If you want to exclude these items that have presence "<5", you can use your formula and filter them out in the visual level filter.

Or, you can share your data model and the expected result.

Remove_values_from_totals

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi again @v-jiascu-msft

I can't get the measure to work.

The idea is to exclude items that have value "<5".

Registration dato is actually registration date, and it seems like the measure won't work.

Should I do a count initially? or perhaps do something differently? For instance, looking at this table. I won't to format the numbers to be <100 and not be accounted for in the totals. Is that possible?

Fr.PNG

Hi @JimmyDQN,

Could you please share a sample and the expected result?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JimmyDQN
Helper I
Helper I

Hello.

I am trying to create a measure to remove numbers less than 5 from totals.

I created this measure: Measure1= if(COUNT('Antal'[Registrerings Dato])<5;"<5";format(count('Antal'[Registrerings Dato]);""))

This measure changes all values less than 5 to "<5" but you can still calculate the totals. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.