cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarlinOz Member

Re: Remove totals in matrix table

Yes this is crazy. I want to be able to show totals for the columns I choose, not all columns.

2017-05-17 16_35_31-ProjectAnalysisConsole - Copy - Building New Summary - Power BI Desktop.png

I only want to show a total for my $ amounts, the other 'totals' are nonsensical. The same behaviour as the Table visual would be good. And While I'm making suggestions, I'd really like to be able to edit those column headings - what is there is just silly!

RitaPT Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@KarlinOz I have the same problem that you. I only want to show some column subtotals. Did you find a solution for that?

Thanks a lot.

Highlighted
strangerMike Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your post CahabaData. It helped me.

KarlinOz Member

@RitaPT sadly there seems to be no solution for this. I don't know if anyone has put in a feature request for it.

CahabaData New Contributor
New Contributor

please see my post on page 3 (4/20/17); it explains the design.  To reduce your totals - reduce your rows by modeling/merging row data.  for now that is the only method to manage this.  perhaps in the future there will be an explicit on/off for individual row totals but that is not there now.

www.CahabaData.com
KarlinOz Member

My apologies @CahabaData, I misread your post. My problem is different to yours and to this thread - I wan't to limit totals on individual columns of a matrix not rows. I should start a new thread on that.

KarlinOz Member

@RitaPT see my 2nd post here http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/URLs-in-Matrix-are-clickable-links-when-as-Rows-but-not-as/t... to see my work-around to remove specific columns from showing a total.

CahabaData New Contributor
New Contributor

good input; to summarize your post in other thread:

a work-around for suppressing Totals of those columns which you don't want: In the formatting area > Column formatting 

Select your text column, change the Font color to match your background colour, turn Color values Off, Color subtotals and Color totals On. Repeat for all your text columns.

www.CahabaData.com
ash438 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

how can I hide subtotals in Matrix but keeping the grand total?

ash438 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Have you found any solution to this?