Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

deeksha
Helper II
Helper II

Remove total from the measure

Hi,

I have created a measure to calculate the sales revenue, but I do not want the total in the report, and in the other measures too, i don't want the total in the report, How to remove the total for the measur

11 REPLIES 11
JortBreij
Helper I
Helper I

If you want a quick fix to not show the total of only 1 column. Go to visual settings > specific column > only check the: Apply on total > make the text color the same as your background (probably white). 
Now the total is still there, you just can't see it.

Really clever ! It helped me a lot !

Thanks

sspulsifer

Has anyone found how to do this for measures?  I can choose "Don't summarize" for data fields, but it doesn't appear as an option for measures.

Use the ISINSCOPE function. Say you have a field ina visual which is Table[Category] and a measure for [Sum Sales]. You can exclude totals by using a measure along the lines of:

Exclude totals = IF(ISINSCOPE (Table[Category]), [Sum Sales])

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

mauriciosotero
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

You can disable the total in the visualization objects you are using. For examle, in a matriz:

Capture2.PNG

If it helps, pls give a kudo and mark as the solution. Thanks

but there is no option of subTotals.

Hi,

Which visualization object are you using (chart, matrix, etc)? Did you click on it and navigate on the Visualization pane as I a shown and the last post?

I am using a table, and I have created a field using measures and in that total is coming but I don't want total for that and there is no option for subtotal too.

Hi @deeksha ,

You could find "total" option in the Format tab, turn it off.

2-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

But I want Total for other columns, removing total will hide total for other columns too but I want to hide total only for the sales revenue column which I have created using the measures. So basically I want to hide total for a single column which I have created using measures and there is no subtotal option for that in visualization.

Go to visualization, under values of the column you do ot want the totals, click on the drop down and select "Dont summarise"

regards

SK

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.