Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tonyconstantini

Remove total at the bottom of a matrix table

I have seen previous solutions about removing the totals at the bottom of a Matrix Table, but doesn't seem to apply based on recent updates to PowerBI.  The solution I have seen refers to chaning the total in the General Pane.  The General Pane I have doesn't look the same as what I have seen.  Given all the changes in PowerBI over the months and the solution I saw is from mid-2016, it leads me to believe there is a different way to remove the total at the bottom.

powerbi screen shot.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tonyconstantini,

You can turn off 'total' feature at subtotals option.

2.PNG

If you want accuracy control which column shows the total value, you can turn on the 'per row level'/'per column level' option to show the detail column option total setting list.

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tonyconstantini,

You can turn off 'total' feature at subtotals option.

2.PNG

If you want accuracy control which column shows the total value, you can turn on the 'per row level'/'per column level' option to show the detail column option total setting list.

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your help

Interkoubess
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @tonyconstantini,

What is your PowerBi update version?

I am using the last one from November and I Have got the option to remove the Total...

Let us know if you are experiencing this issue...

Ninter.Totalrem.PNG

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.