Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Remove tables names from measures

Hi,

Is there a way to remove all the table names from the measures when the measures are used within other measures, in one shot? I have like 50 measures and I am looking for a way to remove the table names in one shot.  

When the measure is used inside another measure, it's created the same way as column, Table Name [Measure Name]. This is becoming very irretating especially when moving measures between tables. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Omega,

Not sure why you got the error, it should not be the case.

A measure has nothing to do with the table it resides in, which is why it can be referenced without the table name.

Try removing the table reference for the measure in the DAX, without moving the measure to a different table and see if it gives you an error.

Just to confirm, you are using the latest Aug 2021 update, right?

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Did I answer your question?
If yes, then please mark my post as a solution!

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Omega ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

visheshjain
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Omega,

Not sure about that it will work in one go for every single measure reference in your measure, but have you tried creating a separate measure table and moving all the measures to that table?

This might remove the table name from the measures.
If I find anything else, I'll let you know.

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

That's my aim but the moment I did so, all my measures started giving me error because the measure moved to a new table. 

Hi @Omega,

Not sure why you got the error, it should not be the case.

A measure has nothing to do with the table it resides in, which is why it can be referenced without the table name.

Try removing the table reference for the measure in the DAX, without moving the measure to a different table and see if it gives you an error.

Just to confirm, you are using the latest Aug 2021 update, right?

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.