cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amalm Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Remove some Values from a Slicer to hide data for some users

Hi, My Power BI data is imported from various jobs: J001, J002, J003, etc. Each job has one excel sheet and one corresponding report in Power BI. There is another report called "All Jobs" that is simply a Union of the common columns of all these individual reports. All my visuals are calculated based on the data in the "All Jobs" table. As there is a column in this table mentioning the Job ID, I can filter results on a per-job basis using a slicer. Now the company is expanding, and there are multiple offices. I want to give access to certain offices to access the data for the jobs under their office only. An example would be: Office 1: J001, J003, J007 Office 2: J002, J005, J006 When the manager in Office 1 opens the report, the Job selection Slicer should show the only Jobs J001, J003 and J007 to choose from. Similarly for the manager in Office 2 who should see only J002, J005, and J007. Is there a way to do this easily?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Remove some Values from a Slicer to hide data for some users

Hi @amalm,

I suggest to use RLS here. For more details, please check the online document.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @amalm,

I suggest to use RLS here. For more details, please check the online document.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

amalm Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you, I'll explore this.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @amalm,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as the solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 63 members 922 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: