Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amalm
Helper III
Helper III

Remove some Values from a Slicer to hide data for some users

Hi, My Power BI data is imported from various jobs: J001, J002, J003, etc. Each job has one excel sheet and one corresponding report in Power BI. There is another report called "All Jobs" that is simply a Union of the common columns of all these individual reports. All my visuals are calculated based on the data in the "All Jobs" table. As there is a column in this table mentioning the Job ID, I can filter results on a per-job basis using a slicer. Now the company is expanding, and there are multiple offices. I want to give access to certain offices to access the data for the jobs under their office only. An example would be: Office 1: J001, J003, J007 Office 2: J002, J005, J006 When the manager in Office 1 opens the report, the Job selection Slicer should show the only Jobs J001, J003 and J007 to choose from. Similarly for the manager in Office 2 who should see only J002, J005, and J007. Is there a way to do this easily?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amalm,

I suggest to use RLS here. For more details, please check the online document.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amalm,

I suggest to use RLS here. For more details, please check the online document.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thank you, I'll explore this.

Hi @amalm,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as the solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.