Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leroy773
Helper II
Helper II

Remove rows based on duplicate value in column

Looking for a DAX formula to remove rows based on duplicate serial numbers.  I currently have a data table with multiple rows.  Some of the rows have the same serial number.  I would like to count the sum the rows, but remove rows that have the same serial number.  The formula I have currently sums up all rows.  Parts Per Year = sum('Table'[column])

Please help in letting me know how to modify this so it only sums/counts rows that a unique serial number.  Serial number is its own column in the same data table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@leroy773 @mickeydjw

Oops!

Got it,

Tt_SerialNumber_Replace = CALCULATE(
DISTINCTCOUNT(Planilha1[serial Number]);
filter(ALL(Planilha1);Planilha1[Part Replace]=1))

Clipboard01.gif

Please try and test using it. And please mark the right answer as answer if your issue has been resolved, otherwise, please feel free to ask if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Rfranca

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rfranca
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@leroy773

See the link below, it can help you!

https://www.daxpatterns.com/distinct-count/

Thanks that helped, but still having trouble.  The distinctcount showed how many rows had a unique serial number, but would like to count the number of rows with a unique serial number when a true/false condition is met in a different columnt on the table.  

Sample data below, looking for the dax formula so the rows that are counted or summed equals 5.  Only count the serial number if part replace equals 1 and only count the serial number one time.

serial NumberPart Replace

@leroy773 @mickeydjw

Oops!

Got it,

Tt_SerialNumber_Replace = CALCULATE(
DISTINCTCOUNT(Planilha1[serial Number]);
filter(ALL(Planilha1);Planilha1[Part Replace]=1))

Clipboard01.gif

Please try and test using it. And please mark the right answer as answer if your issue has been resolved, otherwise, please feel free to ask if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Rfranca

Measure = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[serial Number]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Part Replace]=1))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.