Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Alex1988
Helper I
Helper I

Remove 'products' from chart where Avg Sales for entire data range is less than X

Hi All, 

I'm creating an Alarm for our product to see if there is a big % change between daily rolling averages. 

The problem is the alarm would fire too often for products with lower Sales as the % would fluctuate too aggressively. 

I would like to remove any products from the chart where the AVG Daily Sales Amount is less than X (e.g £500) for the entire date range. 

I tried doing this using a filter on the visual but it will only remove the products with less that 500 on the date Dimension. I want it to ignore the date dimension being used in the chart. At the moment i have the % against carrier and date dimensions. 

Would i need to create a table to do this or can i do it in DAX Easily? 

Thank, 

Alex 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Alex1988 , Try like

calculate([AVG Daily Sales Amount], filter(values(Table[product]), [AVG Daily Sales Amount] >500))

or

averageX(filter(summarize(Table, Table[product], "_1",[AVG Daily Sales Amount])),[_1]>500,[_1])

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Alex1988 , Try like

calculate([AVG Daily Sales Amount], filter(values(Table[product]), [AVG Daily Sales Amount] >500))

or

averageX(filter(summarize(Table, Table[product], "_1",[AVG Daily Sales Amount])),[_1]>500,[_1])

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.