Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ruecj5
Advocate I
Advocate I

Remove parenthesis from pie chart labels

I have a report that utilizes pie charts with % based data labels and for some reason some of the values are showing with parenthesis around them and some are not.  The values are correct, but I would prefer not to have the parenthesis (or have all of them with parenthesis) rather than mixed and matched.

I used a calculated measure to get the % values and I cannot see any issue with the formula, and when I select "See Data" for the chart, the %s are correct without any of the parenthesis.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Here is an image of the chart:

VLCapture.JPG

Here is an image from selecting "See Data":

VL2Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, you have done nothing wrong. Its a presentational failsafe so that if you had a label which was for example '5' and the result was 5% then if it were on one line with no parentheses it would look like 5 5%. Not a great result. You can see that if the label is on a second line its not in the brackets.

To work around it if you need to try putting the value in as a tooltip. You might need a FIRSTNONBLANK(Value , 1) to make the tool tip work sucessfully. You might also need to turn off the value on the piechart values label.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, you have done nothing wrong. Its a presentational failsafe so that if you had a label which was for example '5' and the result was 5% then if it were on one line with no parentheses it would look like 5 5%. Not a great result. You can see that if the label is on a second line its not in the brackets.

To work around it if you need to try putting the value in as a tooltip. You might need a FIRSTNONBLANK(Value , 1) to make the tool tip work sucessfully. You might also need to turn off the value on the piechart values label.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.