Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FRG
Resolver I
Resolver I

Remove negative value of measure from total

Hi all,

I have 3 main tables; one for piece ready to produce (tbl_to_produce), one for the produced piece (tbl_produced) and one for the NO_PROD (det_comm) which is the table who link the 2 other table (related by NO_PROD).
I need to calculate the difference between tbl_to_produce and tbl_produced for each NO_PROD on a selected date. That is working well. I also need to remove the negative value for each NO_PROD in the total. That is what I'm not able to do because I can not just use a filter in the table visual, I want to create a report with a line graph, and it's not allowed with this visual. 
Here is my sample data with the formulas.
Thanks for your time!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/666xean7gz61mu9/Sample.pbix?dl=0 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @FRG 

You can calculate the sum by summarize function and sumx function.

Measure:

Measure = 
SUMX(SUMMARIZE(FILTER(DET_COMM,[Qty_remains_to _produce]>0),DET_COMM[No_Prod],"Remain",[Qty_remains_to _produce]),[Remain])

Result is as below.

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FRG 

You may try to update your measure as below.

IF([Qty_remains_to_produce]<0,BLANK(),[Qty_remains_to_produce])

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please tell me more details about your calculate logic.

I have downloaded your sample and found all result you got in measure Qty_remains_to_produce <0.

Please provide me a screenshot of the result you want to compare with the result shown in your sample.

This may make it easier for me to understand your requirement.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

The result I'm looking for is highlighted in yellow just bellow. To do this I only use a filter in the table visual: Qty_remains_to_produce > 0. But I can't use this filter in a visual where No_Prod does'nt appear. My formula needs to give the good result in a card visual.
I'm closer of the expected result if I use GROUPBY but grand total is not right.

CALCULATE([Qty_to_produce_date] - [Qty_produced_date];GROUPBY(tbl_to_produce;tbl_to_produce[NO_PROD]))

Thank you

FRG_1-1606151922795.png

Hi @FRG 

You can calculate the sum by summarize function and sumx function.

Measure:

Measure = 
SUMX(SUMMARIZE(FILTER(DET_COMM,[Qty_remains_to _produce]>0),DET_COMM[No_Prod],"Remain",[Qty_remains_to _produce]),[Remain])

Result is as below.

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for your precious time.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.