Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HeimoW
Regular Visitor

Remove lines depending on a condition while grouping

I want to group an imported SQL-table in the PowerQueryEditor but exclude all rows which have are not "null" in a certain column.

CODE:

let
    Source = Sql.Database("SQL-xxx", "xxxx"),
    dbo_personnel = Source{[Schema="dbo",Item="personnel"]}[Data],
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(dbo_personnel, {"Co_id"}, {{"Count", each Table.RowCount(_), type number}})
in
    #"Grouped Rows"

Appreciate any help! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

How about filtering out the null column before you do the groupby?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

How about filtering out the null column before you do the groupby?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Thanks but,

I did not find an option for filtering in the PowerQueryEditor (my workaround was to create a view on the SQL-server). And filtering in the PowerPI Desktop is not an option as the grouping does not allow me to get distinct values in the relevant column.

(I want to count all personnel which do not have an exit-date) - all active personnel.

Found it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.