Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gsalas
Helper II
Helper II

Remove horizontal scroll bar with hierarchy

Hi Everyone,

The scrolling horizontal bar on charts is making me crazy!  Especially since the scroll bar defaults to the oldest data in the chart.  I can get the data to fit if I choose "continuous" under the x-axis options.  However, the scroll bar comes back if add a hierarchy to the x-axis by selecting more than on date measure.  So, for example, if all I have are individual dates as the x-axis and the type is continuous, all the data fits.  If, however, I convert the Date to a hierarchy or add "Week Ending" and "Month" to the shared axis box, the scrolling bar comes back for the lowest data points. 

ALSO, when I have a hierarchy on the shared axis, the x labels have become a combination of all the other hierarchy levels.  So "7/14/16" is written "July 7/11/16 7/14/16" "Month WeekEnding Date".  This is ridiculous because you don't need all those extra labels to know when 7/14/16 ocurred.  Also, all the extra characters in the data label make the chart impossible to read How do I clean up the x labels when there is a hierarchy??  So disappointed in how this feature is being executed by Power Bi.

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@gsalas

In Power BI Desktop, when you adding any field into existing X-axis, it will always go back to oldest data position since it need to regenerate the axis. 

I can't reproduce your "combining labels" issue in my local environment. It just show each level labels on axis. My power bi desktop version is 2.36.4434.381.

Capture5.PNG

But I suggest you always build hierarchy first then put entire hierarchy into axis of a visual. And you can enable drill down to check each level data.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.