Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matsu
Regular Visitor

Remove filter from column but keep filter from row in matrix

Hi,

I have two tables linked by "Project Name". I put [Count Project] in the matrix with "Company" on the row and "Lv2" on the column.

pbix:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fOSTJfkfMpbK1nqa5W75cJ9L4DvENyWq/view?usp=sharing 

To highlight all values of our client (including blank, so I add +0 in [Count Project]), I use [Our Client Color] to conditionally formatting the background of the [Count Project].

In [Our Client Color], the REMOVEFILTERS ( 'Levels' ) is to remove filter from the column, otherwise "CCC crossing Mid" will not be highlighted. However, with this REMOVEFILTERS, DDD is highlighted as well.

I've tried many ways such as using TREATAS but still can't work. Any helps? Thanks!

Count Project :=
CALCULATE ( COUNT ( Main[Project Name] ) ) + 0
Our Client Color :=
VAR isOurClient =
    CALCULATE (
        [Count Project],
        Main[OurClient] = TRUE (),
        REMOVEFILTERS ( 'Levels' )
    )
RETURN
    IF ( isOurClient"Yellow""" )

matsu_0-1601019384317.png

without REMOVEFILTERS

matsu_0-1601027015564.png

with REMOVEFILTERS 

matsu_1-1601019427032.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @matsu ,

According to my understand, you want to highlight the blank value of AAA and CCC as well, right?

Just use  REMOVEFILTERS('Levels'[Lv2]), then the visualization looks right like this:

9.28.3.1.png

Did I answer your question? Please mark my reply as solution ,thank you.

If you have any questions, please upload some insensitive data samples .

Best Regards,

Eyelyn Qin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @matsu ,

According to my understand, you want to highlight the blank value of AAA and CCC as well, right?

Just use  REMOVEFILTERS('Levels'[Lv2]), then the visualization looks right like this:

9.28.3.1.png

Did I answer your question? Please mark my reply as solution ,thank you.

If you have any questions, please upload some insensitive data samples .

Best Regards,

Eyelyn Qin

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@matsu , Not very clear on the need to removefilter level .Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Try color measure like

if(max(Main[OurClient]) = TRUE (), "yellow", blank())

@amitchandak 

Without the removefilter, the blank value (zero) of AAA and CCC in the matrix will not be highlighted by the color measure. I tried your color measure but it showed error. I attached the sample file with the link. Thanks.

@amitchandak, Without the removefilter, the blank value (zero) of AAA and CCC  in the matrix can't be highlighted by the color measure. I tried the measure you provided but showing errors. I attached the sample with the link. Thanks. 

matsu_0-1601023214071.png

pbix: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fOSTJfkfMpbK1nqa5W75cJ9L4DvENyWq/view?usp=sharing 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors