Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

majort

Remove existing DataSource

Hi,

if i change a data source for example from one database to another database by editing the M Script, the previous used database connection still exists because when i publish the pbix to powerbi.com then the old database connection i still listed in the data sources.

The problem is that i cannot remove this data source and the impact is that i cannot schedule the dataset because of the old database connection (this was only a development database that does not exists anymore).

So how can i remove a database connection or data source that is not anymore used by any dataset?

thx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

had this same issue when I created a link to a file on a mapped network drive initially, then later changed it to the full network path to the file.

Both data connections were showing up when I either published it to PowerBI.com or when I went to PowerBI.com and tried to pull the file instead. 

I ended up deleting it from PowerBI.com, re-downloading and installing Personal Gateway, then pulling the file into PowerBI.com using Get Data.

Kind of a pain, but it worked. It was a solution offered by a Microsoft employee in another thread.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

I don't know if this topic is still opened but I've found that if for example I have a server as a source and let's say a local excel that I need to delete from the data sources, I click "change source" form the excel file and paste the main server on top. Click ok and it will only show the server now. Since is "doubled"

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.