Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove blurred part/section in selected barchart

Hi  ,

Great Thanks for helping me..The 'Measure'  for my slicer works . . ..  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi  ,

Great Thanks for helping me..The 'Measure'  for my slicer works . . ..  but I want to display this 'Measure' for specific month of the year. ie If I click on the 'Factory2Gas' and the Month of 'August', in the bar chart below,  I want only data for 'August' to show in the above bar chart without the chart showing the blurred part(see arrow below).  This happens when i click on specific month for either Factory1Gas or Factory2Gas.. Please Is there an edit to the Measure  or anything I can do to display this accurately..

Problem2: Also the enitre graph  disappear (show nothing)  if I use CTRl to click both Factory1Gas and Factory2Gas together.. Consumption.png

@Anonymous

I'd say the blurred part in your case is buy design, if you don't like it, then filter with a slicer visual.

As to problem 2, what are those two buttons, are they chicletslicer buttons? The reason why the graph shows nothing when those two buttons are both selected is not clear with limited information, do you mind share the pbix for further investigation?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi  ,

Great Thanks for helping me..The 'Measure'  for my slicer works . . ..  but I want to display this 'Measure' for specific month of the year. ie If I click on the 'Factory2Gas' and the Month of 'August', in the bar chart below,  I want only data for 'August' to show in the above bar chart without the chart showing the blurred part(see arrow below).  This happens when i click on specific month for either Factory1Gas or Factory2Gas.. Please Is there an edit to the Measure  or anything I can do to display this accurately..

Problem2: Also the enitre graph  disappear (show nothing)  if I use CTRl to click both Factory1Gas and Factory2Gas together.. Consumption.png

@Anonymous

I'd say the blurred part in your case is buy design, if you don't like it, then filter with a slicer visual.

As to problem 2, what are those two buttons, are they chicletslicer buttons? The reason why the graph shows nothing when those two buttons are both selected is not clear with limited information, do you mind share the pbix for further investigation?

@Anonymous

Thanks for sharing the pbix file. The graph shows correctly on my side when pressing ctrl and selecting those two buttons. Please try to download the latest Power BI desktop and try again.

Capture1.PNG

Its a chiclet slicer..

Another issue I have with this is that if i click on specific  month and then clicks on a specific day  of the month, It displays data on months that have any of such day ..I want to be able to only display a day and its corresponding month. See Below

try_try.PNG

I want to be able to select specifc day on a specific month

Regarding another issue reported in private message, I'd say it is all by design. The 3rd day in your case stands for all existing 3rd days for each month. To reach you goal, you may have to use full hierarchy and drill down data or use a slicer to pick up specific month(s).

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.