Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anmdf
Regular Visitor

Remove blanks from waterfall chart

Hi All,

This is my first time doing a waterfall chart, and I need help in constructing them properly/removing unnecessary bars.

So here are my visuals:

Waterfall.png

As you can see, it seems it got the amounts and the balances right (may have switched breakdown 2 & 3 but amounts are right), but there there are those with 0 amounts under the breakdown, or blank breakdowns (in red boxes). I tried filtering the category or breakdown to "is not blank" but then it gives just 1 column of a block, and when I try to filter the values to not equal zero, nothing happens...

Here are the tables I use: 

Attribute = Breakdown[Category 01]

Attribute also contains Category[Category 01]

I filter the visuals by Report and Date, and Entity is used for the breakdown per Attribute.

Tables.png

Here's the settings:

Settings.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anmdf ,

10.png

For null values, it will not be displayed if you do not check Show items with no data.

11.png

If the value is 0, just filter the value is not 0 in Filters.

12.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anmdf ,

10.png

For null values, it will not be displayed if you do not check Show items with no data.

11.png

If the value is 0, just filter the value is not 0 in Filters.

12.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have the exact same issue and this does not work

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

if you drop down the breakdown field  in  where you have placed it under breakdown is the show items with no data unticked?

what if you filter on value and say value > than 0 does that help?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.