Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove blank rows in an array

Hello

I'm trying to remove blank rows from an array, attached an image to better understand it.

image.png

If you look at this matrix you are grouping ledger accounts by levels, below account "13050505 - Customers" another level appears in this case blank.

My account dimension table has these fields: SK Accounts,Company, Level1, Level2, Level3, Level4, Level5, Level6

The fact table links to this table by the SkAccounts field.

The problem comes because not in all cases the 6 level fields are covered, in some companies as in the print level 6 is not covered.

I tried to do this using the filter pane but removing the targets removes the entire row from my fact table so the rest of the levels go out without values. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks a lot

A greeting

4 REPLIES 4
TaylorN
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you share a screenshot of the filter you applied? If you filtered on non-blank, I don't see how it would exclude these other rows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @TaylorN ,

Attach the image below.

He removes them because I have a fact board like this:

SkCuenta Company Must have

1 5 100 0

1 6 50 0

And my dimension table, with which I'm doing the levels in the matrix is like this:

SkCuenta Nivel1 Nivel2 Nivel3 Nivel4 Nivel5 Nivel6

5 1 13 1305 13050 13050505 (Level 6 blank)

If I don't see level 6, the fact table line with the skAccount-5 is as if it is not binding.

image.png

A greeting

Hello! Good morning!

I have the same problem! Have you found a solution for it?

Thank you!

Joseph.

Hola @Anonymous!

Apologies, I think I misunderstood. That does make sense because the whole row would be excluded if the value is blank.

I don't know of a way to remove the blank rows (perhaps someone else does?), but you could transform the blank values into something like "No Level 6", "N/A", or perhaps even use the Level 5 value if the Level 6 is blank? I am sure the users will understand, but this is the problem with ragged hierarchies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.