Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Remove Horizontal Scroll Bars?

Is it possible to prevent Power BI adding horizontal scroll bars to a chart?  I really hate the scroll bars.  I want to put the items on the X axis and have them all visible - just like in Excel.

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply.  What threw me was I was watching this video from @sqldusty and at 29:40 min/sec into the video, I saw a chart that fit everything on the axis without a scroll bar.  I had never seen that before as all of mine are always impacted by a scroll bar.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TF4Hu-uaMg

What I now understand is that when you select continuous axis, it DOES fit everything.  When you select categorical it adds a scroll bar (when there are "too many" data points).

My problem is I am using Labels for my week dates in the format YYWW.  Now I know what I am looking for, I have swaped these labels to the week ending date and changed the chart to continuous - and now it works as I would like. 🙂

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.