Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MurugeshC
Helper I
Helper I

Remove HTML tags from the field - June 2019

Hi,

I am a fresher in Power BI application. I am working on developing a dashboard and in one of the table, the description column has text with HTML tags like below:

Example: Source text

<p> Video provides a powerful way to help you prove your point. </p><ol><li><span lang="EN- US" style="fontsize:ll.Opt;font-family:Times New Roman, serif;">B. Provizer Seel. Sohn &amp; Co</span></li><li><span
Iang="EN-US" styIe ="font-size:ll.Opt;font-family: Times New Roman, serif;">Hauck &amp;AufhauSer</span></li><li><.span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:ll.Opt ;font-tamily: Times New Roman, serif;">Sheren Private bankers </span></li></ol></p>

For some entries the text has simple tags like <p></p>. But on few entries it has some huge html tags like above. I want to remove all the HTML tags

For your kind information, I am using Live Connection (SSAS). If we can fix by creating a measure or calculated column on Power BI that would be helpful.

Your help on this is highly appreciable.

Thanks,

Muru

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@MurugeshC ,

You may try Text functions SEARCH and SUBSTITUTE.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-chuncz-msft 

Can you please help me with a function? I am very new to Power BI and your help with the sample would be really helpful. Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.