Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmiridium
Helper IV
Helper IV

Remove Decimals In Table

I want to show whole numbers. By default I have two decimal places in my table with numbers. How do I remove the decimal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You can go to the data view, select the appropriate column, and then select the Modeling ribbon and then formatting tab.  You can either change to a Whole Number or reduce Decimal Number to show 0 decimal places.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - Found the Solution for your problem:

1. Select the Table

2. Goto Formatting Options -> Field formatting -> Dropdown (Select the variable) -> Value decimal Places

It works. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great solution! Thanks - good remark that from the drop down we need to select the proper measure (column) we want to remove the decimals for. The first column in my table was text column, so i did not see the option of adjusting decimals. But after i chose the proper column from the drop down menu- everything worked as a magic 🙂

This worked for me! I wanted to report a measure both as a count and then as % of grand total, so I wasn't able to change the decimal places via Modeling since the original measure was a number, not a %.

Field formatting works for this reason.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You can go to the data view, select the appropriate column, and then select the Modeling ribbon and then formatting tab.  You can either change to a Whole Number or reduce Decimal Number to show 0 decimal places.

How do you set the decimal number to zero decimal places?  I see only "decimal number" and "fixed decimal number" neither with any variability.  Fixed Decimal Number forces two decimal dollars wtihout options.  Decimal Number forces float without options and without dollars.  Only other Data Types available are Whole Number, Percentage, and the even less relevant kind.

thanks this was driving me crazy!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would i remove decimals if im using direct query
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might be answering this question too late, goto  Edit query->Transform -> Data Type -> Fixed decimal number . The value changes from type number to the accounting type($) . Right click on the variable,->transform -> round to remove the decimal points. 

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I don't really know since I've never used direct query with PowerBI.  If you can't do it the same way as above, you might want to try duplicating the column after you're hooked up to your data and then trying to format the new column/table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would i do this using directy query instead of import

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.