Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mistertobi_1997
Regular Visitor

Remaining Report level Filters with Bookmarks?

Hello there,

I am using a report with different sheets and with a report level filter for all of these sheets, e.g. the quater. If the quater changes, I only change the filter from Q2 to Q3 and every sheet is correct.

Further, I have an "Agenda sheet" in the beginning with bookmarks. 

There I can click on shapes with the name of the topic I would like to see (1 topic = 1 sheet). The shape has an action with a bookmark to the sheet, so I do not need to search for the sheet in the row at the bottom, I will directly land on the sheet.

The bookmark has the current report filter in it, e.g. Q2.

If we change now from Q2 to Q3, is there a possibility that I don't need to update every single bookmark?

If I change the filter from Q2 to Q3, but I click on the shape with the bookmark action, it will lead to my sheet but with the wrong filter..

Do you have a solution for me?

Thanks in advance and best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mistertobi_1997 ,

Yes, I'm afraid that we cannot achieve your requirement with bookmark currently in power bi.

You may try to Sync slicer rather than report level filter as a workaround and set the bookmark like below.

Capture.PNG

More details, please refer to my test file.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @mistertobi_1997 ,

By my tests with your scenario, if we save the bookmark for sheet1 with the report level filter to be Q2, and if you change the report level filter from Q2 to Q3 in the main page, when you click the Bookmark to sheet1, it will show the data of Q2. Please refer to my attachment.

What is your desired output?

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft ,

thanks for your response.

Your scenario shows my problem: If I change the quater from Q2 and to Q3, and then click on the bookmark, I would like to have the updated quater Q3 on the page and not the Q2 from the bookmark..

But I am afraid that this isn't possible with bookmarks or this is against the functionality of bookmarks.

Thanks and br

Hi @mistertobi_1997 ,

Yes, I'm afraid that we cannot achieve your requirement with bookmark currently in power bi.

You may try to Sync slicer rather than report level filter as a workaround and set the bookmark like below.

Capture.PNG

More details, please refer to my test file.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.